Saturday 16 April 2011

Joining the YOGI's

George has been riding with his local club for a while now and is always saying how much he enjoys it, so I thought I'd give it a go ( though I really wasn't sure about it ). The nearest club to me are YOGI in Plymouth which is approx 25 miles from Looe.
I joined them on a Saturday morning for a 'long and steady' ride of approx 55 miles. Its always a bit awkward joining a new group but I was made to feel very welcome. I enjoyed the easy going nature of the group ride and managed the pace fairly comfortably without holding anybody up. Comparing it to riding on your own, you are riding harder but in shorter bursts with more stops.
The following weekend a 100 miler to Exeter, Dawlish Teignmouth and back was organised. Approx 30 riders turned out which surprised the organisers who weren't expecting so many. Another glorious sunny day with a tough first section up over Dartmoor followed by a long downhill into Exeter.
Another brilliant day and looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment