Friday 24 June 2011

This Weeks Training

Rides this week : 65, 16, 16, and 45 miles.
A few things starting to wear out now as the bike has covered at least 2500miles. Chain and cassette replaced already, need a new deurelier cable as there is a rough spot where it meets the deurelier. I replaced the orriginal 32mm tyres to puncture resistant 23mm ones a while back which made a huge difference. I,ve also fitted a shorter stem and turned it over to the 'sportier' position which so far feels quite comfortable and I'm sure has increased my speed slightly. Before we do our trip it will have a thorough service and anything suspect will be replaced.
Off to Spain for 10 days in the morning but have sussed out some local bike hire shops and will try to do some riding while I'm out there otherwise I'm going to come home a stone heavier!
When I return on 6th July there will be 7 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment