Thursday 7 July 2011

7 Weeks To Go!

Just returned from 10 days in glorious sunny Spain. I had taken come cycling kit, shoes and pedals and found a great little bike shop in Javea and hired a GMC road bike with aluminium frame, carbon forks and 105 components. The bikes were all a bit battered but functional and could be hired for 12e a day, so I hired it for 3 days of great riding and got quite attached to it.
The best ride was from Moraira out to the Jalon followed by a route called the Coll de Rates which took me all the way into Callosa. It was a long winding 14km climb followed by a fantastic descent into the next stunning valley. Unfortunately I didn't take a camera but took this picture from the bottom the following day. I also found these pictures on the net as it is quite a popular route. http://www.cyclingcols.com/asp/imageframe.asp?cl=7601
From Callosa it was back to the coast at Altea and back up to Moraira, total distance approx 55 miles. I really could get used to living out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment